Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tantrums


Yesterday, I made popo (grandma) angry.
I threw the spoon on the floor when eating my dinner and splashed food on popo making a mess in the process.

Popo told me that I cannot do it and I cried.
The more she scolded me, the more I cried.
I cried till I vomitted.

Mommy doesn't know what to do with me.
So today, she went to find some help on the internet.
And she found out that I'm crying and bitting and hitting because:

1) I want attention
2) I want to get what I want
3) I'm frustrated
4) I'm too tired
5) I'm too hungry
6) I'm too excited

Yesterday I had the tantrum while eating because I couldn't hold my spoon properly.
I spilled some soup on myself and felt frustrated.
That's why I threw my spoon away.

Some says its best to redirect my attention to other constructive behaviours.
Instead of saying don't throw, Mommy would say put the spoon down properly

We will see if this method works!

No comments: